Hive and Honey Candle Co.
Soy Bliss Cal-Soy Candle Wax | CB-2 Wax by Calwax - Slab Form
- Made from predominately soy wax, and a minuscule amount of FDA food-grade paraffin for body and stability.
- Gluten-free, toxin-free, paraben-free, and phthalate-free
- Cruelty-free - Leaping Bunny Certified
- Easy to use, single-pour wax - no heat gun required.
- Bright white color
- Even, slow burn with excellent adhesion
- Great hot/cold throw
- Handles 8-12% fragrance load, although we've found 9-10% to be the best.
Our Cal Soy / CB-2 wax, also known as Soy Bliss by Calwax is a proprietary blend of soy wax and a small amount of paraffin for stability and scent throw. It's designed to give a creamy off-white appearance and has excellent fragrance throw. It exhibits an evenness of burn and wax consumption, and has excellent container adhesion for candles. This wax comes in slab form and is designed to be a single pour wax with smooth tops. Our Cal Soy wax is gluten-free, toxin-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and comes from renewable sources. The entire blend utilizes only FDA-approved waxes.
Please note: When shipping during warmer temperatures, the wax may soften or melt slightly. This will not affect the wax quality.
|Melting Point:||Average Pouring Temperature:|
|125 - 132°F||190 - 200°F|
How to Use
- Heat to 200 - 220°F degrees, remove from the heat source, add fragrance oil and dye, blend for 15-30 seconds and pour immediately.
- For consistently smooth results, it is recommended to pour hot at 190 - 200°F.
- For thick glass and or cooler room temperatures below 65°F, pre-heating the glass is recommended.
- For smoother top surfaces (ie granite), it is recommended to heat lamp the surface after candle has set up or place candle on a raised cooling rack.
- The maximum fragrance load is 8-12%, but higher fragrance loads should be tested per fragrance.
- We recommend allowing a 1-2 week cure time to maximize the cold and hot throw.
WICKING TIP: Coconut blended waxes are different than regular soy wax. There won't be a full melt pool until you get about half way down the jar. 100% soy has a "memory" and will tunnel, however, coconut blended waxes don't as much. Initially, there will be some "hang up" on the sides of the jar but as the wick burns, the sides of the jar heat up, and melt the rest of the wax.