Hive and Honey Candle Co.
Accu-Pure Soy 10 Wax - Slab Form
Wicking: In general coconut waxes use smaller wicks. LX, CD, Premier, Zinc, and CDN wicks works great with this wax.
Curing: Good results after 3 days with Soy10, but even better results if it's allowed to cure for a week or more.
Please note: When shipping during warmer temperatures, the wax may soften or melt slightly. This will not affect the wax quality.
How to Use
- Heat to 200 - 220°F degrees, remove from the heat source, add fragrance oil and dye, blend for 15-30 seconds and pour immediately.
- For consistently smooth results, it is recommended to pour hot at 190 - 200°F.
- For thick glass and or cooler room temperatures below 65°F, pre-heating the glass is recommended.
- For smoother top surfaces (ie granite), it is recommended to heat lamp the surface after candle has set up or place candle on a raised cooling rack.
- The maximum fragrance load is 8-12%, but higher fragrance loads should be tested per fragrance.
- We recommend allowing a 1 week cure time to maximize the cold and hot throw.
WICKING TIP: Coconut blended waxes are different than regular soy wax. There won't be a full melt pool until you get about half way down the jar. 100% soy has a "memory" and will tunnel, however, coconut blended waxes don't as much. Initially, there will be some "hang up" on the sides of the jar but as the wick burns, the sides of the jar heat up, and melt the rest of the wax.