HPSP Wicks Sample Pack
Our HPSP Sample Pack includes 5 of each of our 22 different HPSP sizes.
What are HPSP Wicks? Constructed of specially treated clean cotton, Special High-Performance Flat Wicks by São Vitor are often used in container candles, pillars, tapers, decorative, votives, and tealight candles because it minimizes soot. HPSP candle wicks feature a long strand and tight braids to inhibit carbon deposit and afterglow. These are designed to use in coconut blended waxes.
- Constructed from long strand, tight braid, and specially treated cotton.
- Designed to be used in container candles, pillars, tapers, decorative, votives, and tealight candles.
- Engineered to minimize soot and inhibit carbon deposit and afterglow.
Our Brazilian made, USA assembled HPSP candle wicks are primed in a high melt point natural wax, are pre-cut to 6" lengths, and are tabbed using a 20mm round wick tab with a 6mm neck.
Note: We recommend testing new wick sizes when making any modifications to existing candle recipes or making new candles. Burning characteristics can be altered by changes in wax, fragrance oil, dye, and/or additives, which could result in a different optimal wick size for the same diameter candle.HPSP General Wick Guide
(Manufacturer Recommendation) Test 2-3 Sizes Up
Suggested Container Size (Container Diameter)
- HPSP 197 / HPSP 66: 3.7"
- HPSP 236 / HPSP 63: 3.54"
- HPSP 257 / HPSP 60: 3.44"
- HPSP 272 / HPSP 57: 3.43"
- HPSP 300 / HPSP 54: 3.39"
- HPSP 331 / HPSP 51: 3.13"
- HPSP 335 / HPSP 48: 3.11"
- HPSP 377 / HPSP 45: 3.09"
- HPSP 399 / HPSP 42: 3.07"
- HPSP 493 / HPSP 39: 2.76"
- HPSP 502 / HPSP 36: 2.48"
- HPSP 531 / HPSP 33: 2.36"
- HPSP 535 / HPSP 30: 2.19"
- HPSP 567 / HPSP 27: 2.18"
- HPSP 660 / HPSP 24: 2.17"
- HPSP 662 / HPSP 21: 2.16"
- HPSP 708 / HPSP 18: 2.15"
- HPSP 817 / HPSP 15: 1.98"
- HPSP 891 / HPSP 12: 1.97"
- HPSP 939 / HPSP 9: 1.77"
- HPSP 1065 / HPSP 6: 1.57"
- HPSP 1259 / HPSP 3: 1.56"
Pickup available at 35590 Groesbeck
Usually ready in 24 hours
HPSP Wicks Sample Pack
35590 Groesbeck Highway
Clinton Township MI 48035
additional information for our makers
HPSP Wicks Rate of Consumption Chart (downloadable)
What is Yield?
Measured in yards of wick per pound in weight. The higher the yield, the smaller the wick and the flame and the resulting heat generated.
What is Rate of Consumption?
The ROC (rate of consumption) or burn rate is the amount of wax consumed in ounces per hour in a standardized text. The rate may vary with different waxes. Test burning is always recommended to determine the proper wick for your wax formula and vessel.
WICKING TIP: Coconut blended waxes are different than regular soy wax. There won't be a full melt pool until you get about half way down the jar. 100% soy has a "memory" and will tunnel, however, coconut blended waxes don't as much. Initially, there will be some "hang up" on the sides of the jar but as the wick burns, the sides of the jar heat up, and melt the rest of the wax.
I gathered some information from customers and assembled a chart based on their feedback. Please note that while these measurements are broader, they can still help point you in the right direction.
We do have HPSP Wick Sample Packs that have all the sizes if you're not sure exactly where to start.